Sunday 11 November 2012

handmade christmas cards continued...

Here are a couple more new christmas card designs that I have been working on this week.


I have used parcel paper to create a border behind the red patterned paper. I bought mini gift tags from Wilkos (£1.00 for 8) but they were too dark to print on, so I decided to make my own instead. I pinched the dark brown disc and string from the original though to give it an authentic look. 


I used my clear acrylic stamps to create the labels, printing the words twice (in red and gold ink), slightly off-set to create a drop shadow effect. 
I attached some self adhesive foam underneath the gift tag to raise it and create more of a feature and used a hot glue gun to attach the button. 
I wanted to keep the messages simple as the typography is so beautiful on the christmas paper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment